HelpMeSee, Inc. respects the privacy of its Donors, Sponsors, Partners and Clients.
a. Privacy & Data Protection Statement
As a U.S.-based Non-Profit with operations worldwide, including within the European Union, HelpMeSee, Inc. is subject to regulations under the laws of the United States, the Member States of the European Union, and other countries covering the information we process concerning our donors, clients, employees, contractors, suppliers and others during the conduct of our business activities.
HelpMeSee, Inc. will be the sole Data Controller of all personal data gathered directly or through its sub-contractors. Data Controller means a person or corporation who (alone or with others) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any Personal Data are, or are to be, processed.
Following are details about our policies, including what type of information is gathered and tracked, how the information is used and with whom the information is shared. This privacy statement does not disclose how HelpMeSee, Inc.’s product fulfillment vendors use data directed to them. The statement was last updated on 6 August 2010. Please visit this page from time to time and check for any updates.
b. Contact Us
The www.helpmesee.org website is owned by HelpMeSee, Inc. Please feel free to contact us in any of the following ways if you have questions or concerns.
20 West 36th Street, Floor 4
New York, NY 10018
By Telephone, Facsimile and E-mail:
Telephone: +1 212 221 7605
Fax: +1 212 221 7604
c. HelpMeSee, Inc. Privacy and Data Protection Policy
HelpMeSee, Inc. privacy and data protection compliance program will be overseen by individuals with significant authority and independence. HelpMeSee, Inc. policies and procedures are required to be complied by vendors, suppliers, and third parties who receive Personal Data from HelpMeSee, Inc., or have access to Personal Data collected or processed by or on behalf of HelpMeSee, Inc., or who provide information to HelpMeSee, Inc., regardless of geographic location.
d. Data Protection – Key Policies
- HelpMeSee, Inc. has adopted the following principles to govern its use,collection, and transmittal of Personal Data, except as specifically provided by this Policy or as required by applicable laws:
• Personal Data shall only be processed fairly and lawfully.
• Personal Data shall be obtained only for specified, explicit, lawful, and legitimate purposes, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with those purposes.
• Personal Data shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purposes for which they are collected and/or processed.
• Personal Data shall be accurate, complete and current as appropriate to the purposes for which they are collected and/or processed.
• Personal Data shall not be kept in a form which permits identification of the Data Subject for longer than necessary for the permitted purposes.
• Personal Data shall not be collected or processed unless the Data Subject has provided a valid, informed consent.
- Appropriate physical, technical, and procedural measures shall be taken to: (i) prevent and/or to identify unauthorized or unlawful collection, processing, transmittal of Personal Data; and (ii) prevent accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, Personal Data.
- The consent system shall include provisions for determining what disclosures should or must be made in order to obtain a valid consent, documentation of the date, method and content of the disclosures made, as well as the validity, scope, and volition of the consents given.
- Personal Data shall not be transferred to another entity, country or territory, unless reasonable and appropriate steps have been taken to maintain the required level of data protection.
- Personal Data may be communicated to third persons only for reasons consistent with the purposes for which the data were originally collected or other purposes authorized by law.
- All Sensitive Data transferred outside of the Company or across public communications networks shall be de-identified or shall be protected against unauthorized access by use of encryption.
- Personal Data may be transferred where any of the following apply:
• The Data Subject has given consent to the proposed transfer
• The transfer is necessary for the performance of agreed service between the Data Subject and HelpMeSee, Inc.
e. Use of Third Party Data Processors
i. Where HelpMeSee, Inc. relies on third parties to assist in its data processing activities, HelpMeSee, Inc. will choose a Data Processor who provides sufficient security measures and take reasonable steps to ensure compliance with those measures.
ii. HelpMeSee, Inc. shall enter into a written contract with each data processor requiring it to comply with data privacy and security requirements imposed on HelpMeSee, Inc. under local legislation.
iii. As part of HelpMeSee, Inc.’s internal data auditing process, HelpMeSee, Inc. shall conduct regular checks on processing by third party data processors, especially in respect of security measures.
f. Collection of Personal Data on www.helpmesee.org
HelpMeSee, Inc. only collects and maintains personal information that is sent to us directly from an individual or company. This information is obtained from the following places on our website:
You can visit www.helpmesee.org without telling us who you are and without revealing any information about yourself. However, to access certain portions of the website, you may have to submit information such as a user-id and password, or you may have to provide personal information such as your name, address and email.
To complete online transactions, you will be asked for your address, email and credit card information. This required information is necessary for us to process transactions, protect you against credit card fraud and contact you should the need arise in administering your account.
Our site may contain surveys, trivia games and other forms for collecting information.
g. Information Security and Quality
HelpMeSee, Inc. intends to protect the quality and integrity of your personally identifiable information. We have implemented appropriate physical, technical and organizational measures, including industry-standard encryption for transmission of credit card information, to help keep your information secure, accurate, current and complete.
Donations made on the www.helpmesee.org website are secure to the fullest extent possible. We use strong 128-bit encryption through Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. SSL protects information as it is transferred through the Internet.
You can recognize secure web pages by checking for the secure symbol at the bottom of your browser screen. For most browsers, this symbol is either a lock or a key. When the lock symbol appears to be locked, the page is secure. When it appears to be unlocked, the page is insecure.
h. Website Traffic Information
When you visit or leave the HelpMeSee, Inc. website, we automatically receive the web address of the site that you came from or are going to. We also collect information on which pages you visit while you are on our site, the type of browser you use and the times you access our site. We use this information only to try to better understand visitor preferences.
We sometimes use “cookies” to collect anonymous information from visits to our sites to help us provide better services. A “cookie” is an element of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then be stored on your system. We may use this data to analyze trends and statistics and to help us provide better services, but we do so in ways that keep the information anonymous. In order to improve the quality of our communications, we may also from time to time share such anonymous information with certain third parties, such as our advertising and media vendors, including, without limitation, advertising.com.
You can set your browser to notify you before you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it. You can also set your browser to turn off cookies. If you do so, however, some areas of our site may not function properly.
j. Disclosure to Third Parties
HelpMeSee, Inc. does not rent, exchange or sell the email addresses or credit card information of our supporters. However, from time to time we make our postal mailing list available to other worthy organizations. If you prefer that your postal information not be shared, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will honor your wishes immediately.
We may also share donor and campaign information with our partners and affiliate organizations. If you prefer that we do not include your name or the name of your organization in these cases, please notify us at email@example.com.
HelpMeSee, Inc. adheres to a strict anti-spam policy, making it easy for our eNews subscribers to unsubscribe. HelpMeSee, Inc. may also provide email marketing tools to some website visitors who have created personal web pages. These tools provide convenient ways to communicate with friends and family on a personal level; they are not designed for sending out bulk emails. If you wish not to receive such e-mails from HelpMeSee, Inc. please use the unsubscribe link embedded in the e-mail.
l. Personalized Webpages
HelpMeSee, Inc. may allow some constituents to create web content (including email) that brings visitors to personalized webpages. Such personal webpages, as well as the individual associated with the page, are readily identifiable. By clicking on a link and going to a personal webpage you are agreeing to let HelpMeSee, Inc. collect information about your session visits. We use this information for aggregate statistical analysis only. Transactions made via personalized webpages are subject to the same privacy policies as all other transactions made on the HelpMeSee, Inc. site.
m. Children’s Online Privacy Protection
HelpMeSee, Inc. is especially concerned about ensuring the privacy of children online. We are therefore committed to comply with applicable laws and requirements, such as the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
Please note that we try to ensure that all our activities are coordinated by an adult and therefore make every effort to send information to adults only. If you are aware that a child has provided his or her name to us, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the child’s name along with a supervising adult’s contact information.
n. Links to Other Websites
The HelpMeSee, Inc. website contains links to other sites. HelpMeSee, Inc. is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.