Graphic Design Intern
I. THE HELPMESEE MISSION
HelpMeSee was founded in 2010 with the goal of eliminating the backlog of blindness caused by cataracts for every blind child and adult in the world, regardless of where they live or how underserved they may be. Our mission is to train local cataract specialists in Manual Small Incision Cataract Surgery also known as MSICS, in significant numbers, to meet the increasing demand for surgical services in the communities impacted by cataract blindness.
We will support the training, qualification and practice readiness of these cataract specialists in partnership with health institutions, governments and major philanthropic and market ventures. To achieve this, we developed and are deploying high-fidelity eye surgery simulators, adapted from the successful experience of commercial airline simulators, to provide the resources needed to educate these cataract specialists in large numbers. Our goal is achieved, when all communities living in austere conditions have access to the essential cataract surgical care they need, that provides the best quality outcomes and is focused on patient safety.
II. JOB SUMMARY
This internship position is responsible for supporting HelpMeSee’s development and marketing efforts, helping to design email campaigns, digital media, and print collateral (including web and social media graphics) and assisting with design storyboarding for video production.
The intern will use tools such as: Adobe Creative Cloud, Apple Software, Microsoft Office and different online media tools, to design unique fundraising and marketing campaigns to advance HelpMeSee’s mission to end the global health crisis of cataract blindness. This position will also apply marketing strategies and techniques to support the efforts of HelpMeSee’s Marketing and Development teams both in the US and abroad. The ideal candidate will have a strong interest and (if possible) background of an in-house graphic designer, experience designing targeted fundraising and marketing materials, and experience in web design. This is a supporting role that will be aligned with the vision and objectives of the Social Media Director and Graphic Designer. Candidate should have strong skills on both MAC and PC environments.
· Help produce print and digital materials to advance HelpMeSee’s Development and Marketing efforts
· Help develop creative design deliverables for experiential, print, large format, digital mediums, as well as social events, conferences and presentations
· Support design and update print collateral, including brochures, one pagers, etc., across international platforms
· Participate in team brainstorms and other sessions
· Help to ensure that designed materials are on time, on budget, and on message
· Support management of several projects at once, sometimes under pressure, and often under tight deadlines
· Present creative concepts clearly and confidently if needed
· Provide support through all stages of creative development
· Maintain HelpMeSee’s brand standards (as outlined in the HelpMeSee brand book) and integrity within all designs
· Can follow directions with a positive outlook
· Stays current with industry design trends and solutions
· Organized self-starter, extremely attentive to detail and able to adhere to tight deadlines
· Works well independently and as a highly integrated team member
· Ability to prioritize, manage and efficiently complete multiple projects to meet shifting needs and deadlines
· Experience presenting work to multiple audience levels
· Mid-level ability in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
· Strong command of all Office applications
· Any additional software programs a bonus (Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, After Effects, WordPress and PowerPoint
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Be an innovative designer, fast learner, and collaborative team player
· Have in-depth knowledge of social media platforms and digital marketing trends
· Interest in international relations and public health is a plus, but not required
· Enjoy working in a fast-paced, startup environment
· Strong communication skills
Start date: Immediate
Education requirements: Process in completing a bachelor’s degree
Employment type: Full-Time
Compensation : Salary rate is commensurate with qualifications and experience
Job function: Global Nonprofit Organization / Global Health / Fundraising / Marketing
Location: New York
IV. HOW TO APPLY:
Please follow this link to the employment application: download application form
Also, please email your resume, cover letter, and any sample writing/marketing project to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject heading as follows: “HelpMeSee Graphic Design Intern”.
*Candidates should be legally authorized to work in the U.S.*
HelpMeSee, Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability, age, veteran status or any other status protected by law. HelpMeSee, Inc. will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.