I. THE HELPMESEE MISSION
HelpMeSee is a US-based, global nonprofit making great strides every year toward our goal of eliminating cataract-caused vision loss and blindness. More than 100 million people suffer from cataracts, 90 percent of them living in the developing countries in Asia, Africa and South America where there may be just one ophthalmologist per million residents, or none.
At present, HelpMeSee is well on our way to introducing the leading edge, virtual-reality surgery simulator that will greatly increase the number of skilled cataract specialists we can train. Simultaneously HelpMeSee is committed to reducing the risks of cataract surgery and providing significantly increased access to sight-saving surgeries at a most affordable cost.
In just the past six years, working with more than 300 surgery partners and community health professionals, HelpMeSee has developed readiness standards and tools for surgery practice including, patient safety, and quality outcome. This resulted in sight-restoring surgeries to more than 250,000 people who had otherwise no hope.
II. JOB SUMMARY
This position will be responsible for the assist the Executive Assistant/ Office Manager in completing clerical and administrative tasks related to the functionality of the organization.
* Welcomes and serves visitors by greeting and directing them appropriately (taking their coats and offering beverage, etc.); notifies personnel of visitors’ arrival
* Answers all incoming phone calls; transfers and directs them to the appropriate personnel
* Manages and maintains on a daily basis the front desk lobby, conference room, supply closet and pantry (fridge, etc.) to ensure that everything is always in order and filled
o Maintains a safe and clean reception area at all times by complying with procedures, rules and regulations
o Ensures that the conference room is always kept clean, orderly, and that it is always well-stocked
o Ensures that the pantry is kept clean and orderly at all times
* Manages all food catering services
* Responsible as main liaison for office related needs including office maintenance (light fixes, A/C unit updates, etc.)
* Provides main administrative, front desk, and operational support to Help Me See Team
* Provides fundamental support for travel logistics including processing of hotel reservations, flight bookings, car service arrangements, etc.
* Provides fundamental support in visa / passport applications including drafting of letters, etc.
* Provides alarm security training to new personnel as needed
* Drafts and updates letters, spreadsheets, and PowerPoint presentations as needed
* Assisting in planning and organizing program documents and agendas
* Orders HelpMeSee business cards and other items as needed (caps, t-shirts, etc.)
* Manages all supply orders and ensures proper and timely delivery of items
* Conducts follow-ups as needed
* Provide research support as needed
* Proofreading/copyediting program documents (MoUs, RFPs, TORs, etc.)
* Working closely with Executive Manager and Operations Manager on day-to-day as well as long-term projects
* Completes other administrative and operational tasks as needed
Telephone Skills, Verbal Communication, Listening, Professionalism, Customer Focus, Organization, Informing Others, Ability to Work Under Pressure
* Very polite and courteous in person and on the telephone
* Very organized and meticulous
* Preferably interested in the non-profit industry, fundraising and international development
* Strong understanding of fundamental computer usage in an office setting; knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), Adobe, etc.
* Proficient in data entry and database use
* Good editing skills
* Amiable and good at handling correspondence and serving as organization’s liaison
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Willing to learn new skills and tasks
Start date: Immediately
Education requirements: Bachelor’s Degree
Employment type: Part-Time
Location: New York Office
III. HOW TO APPLY
Please email cover letter, resume, and complete this downloadable application form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject heading as follows: “HelpMeSee Administrative & Operations Associate”. Please include minimum salary expectations. Resumes will not be accepted without a filled-out application.
*Candidates should be legally authorized to work in the U.S. HelpMeSee, Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability, age, veteran status or any other status protected by law. HelpMeSee, Inc. will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.